Merritt, population 7,200 is in one of Canada’s most admired residential regions. While providing all the benefits of smaller community lifestyle, it is in close proximity to major centres including Kamloops (population 90,000) and Kelowna (population 120,000) and just a few hours’ drive to the Greater Vancouver region.
The Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Technician is responsible for the repair, maintenance and reliability of the plant’s electrical, instrumentation and control systems and processes. During the start-up and commissioning phase the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Technician will be a key member of the Operations team. The EIC Technician will apply their experience and practical knowledge to ensure that the plant achieves or exceeds the start-up curve timeline. Once the plant is up and running at steady state the Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Technician will establish and perform daily preventative maintenance on the plant’s equipment and facilities. In addition, they will make adjustments and repairs to production equipment in cooperation with the Shift and Plant engineers to assist with resolving persistent issues. The EIC Technician will focus on plant reliability and on optimizing uptime.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Provincial or Inter-provincial trade certification – Dual certified Electrician and Instrumentation Journey Person or Certified Technician (Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls)
- PLC maintenance troubleshooting and basic programming skills (Allen Bradley equipment preferred)
- Emerson Ovation DCS experience preferred
- Practical experience with VFD’s, Servo controls, Pneumatics and Power Distribution Systems
- Sound Instrumentation knowledge
- 7 to 10 years practical experience in the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation field
- Intermediate level of PLC and VFD maintenance troubleshooting skills, and basic programming skills
- Capability to read, interpret and utilize blueprints and drawings
- Currently holds or is able to obtain an FSR-A Certification
Technology Skills Requirements:
Solid computer skills: proficiency with spreadsheet, email, and word processing software required; Microsoft Office and Windows preferred. A working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (OWAM) applications will be an asset.
Note: A detailed Position Description is available upon request.
The company provides a highly competitive salary range; full benefit package; annual performance bonus; generous relocation allowance.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.