Triton is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater logging equipment, management of large-scale reservoir harvest projects and marketing of certified eco-wood products. Using its proprietary Sawfish™ and SHARC™ Underwater Harvester systems, Triton recovers standing forests flooded by dam reservoirs in a safe, economical and environmentally-friendly manner. Please visit the website: www.tritontimber.com.
Triton Resources is currently seeking an Electrical Technician to support their Engineering and Development Group in Victoria, BC. The primary objective of this role will be to assist in the construction, field delivery and ongoing field support of Triton’s proprietary underwater harvesting systems around the world. The position will report to Triton’s Director of Engineering and will require extended overseas work.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electronic control systems including the ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Marine experience an asset but not essential
- Communications troubleshooting and repairs including working knowledge of Ethernet, RS485 and RS232
- Working experience troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems
- Knowledge and experience working with AC voltages up to 230 VAC
- Ability to install and perform software updates
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Develop and document troubleshooting procedures and maintenance documentation
- Maintain and update field documentation for Triton’s mobile equipment including operator’s manual, safety manual, mechanical drawings and electrical/hydraulic schematics
- Responsible for training others on maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
- May represent Triton in dealings with employer groups, industry associations, government authorities and other relevant bodies as required
- This position will require extensive international travel
- Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally
- The company has an above average remuneration program
- All travel and on-site living expenses will be paid by the company
Citizenship and Residency
- While Triton’s head office is in Canada, citizens of other countries are welcome to apply
- While residency at/near Victoria, BC, Canada will be an asset, this position is open to candidates who will reside elsewhere in Canada or internationally
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.