This growth oriented Canadian company operating in British Columbia’s interior region focuses on forestry, sawmilling, and power generation. From an exceptional fibre basket, the company’s mills manufacture structural grade dimension lumber and produce clean, renewable energy.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Environmental Coordinator is an integral part of the Power team. The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for maintaining compliance with all permits and activities plus upholding a proactive relationship with regulatory agencies. The Environmental Coordinator provides leadership in environmental stewardship and best practices for industrial power plant operations.
- Advise Plant Manager(s) on environmental issues and concerns
- Oversee the activities and refine procedures for site-level personnel responsible to collect daily, weekly or monthly environmental data
- Oversee collection of specific data, analysis of data for monitoring, documenting, and reporting to meet requirements for air emission permits, refuse permits (solid waste disposal) and effluent permits
- Produce a variety of reports for environmental reporting and recordkeeping in accordance with established policies and protocols
- Review, refine, and/or develop company environmental policies
- Manage and/or participate in environmental project implementation, as assigned
- Participate in or support site level or management-level environmental audits
- Interact with environmental regulators
Here is what is offered:
- Excellent compensation and health benefit package, including an annual health spending allowance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to live and work in an active and growing community offering the best aspects of small town life with a wide range of amenities, including superb outdoor recreational opportunities of all types, extensive all season trail systems, golf course, hospital, and nearby ski hill
- Strong work ethic and love of the outdoors
- Knowledge and experience with Local, Provincial, and Federal environmental regulations and regulators
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, perform basic data analysis and present executive level summary of data and trends
- Excellent leadership and communication, project management skills, and ability to work in a team
- Skilled at building and maintaining productive relationships and effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software packages
This is a career growth opportunity with an excellent company. Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.