A leading British Columbia wood products manufacturer has an opportunity for a Log Supply Manager experienced with the west coast log market.
Reporting to senior management, the Log Supply Manager will be responsible to develop and implement the annual log procurement and delivery plan. Responsibilities include:
- Determine the log requirements to be purchased for the year (volume / grade / species) and procure the logs to meet consumption demands.
- Manage key fibre suppliers including the tracking of performance metrics and making improvements as required.
- Complete formal bids for log purchases consistent with the annual procurement plan
- Establish and maintain a log quality program with suppliers that will maximize sawmill efficiency (throughput, recovery, and grade yield)
- Demonstrate safety performance to company safety processes and procedures
- Maintain current market knowledge of fibre flow, competitor strategies, and fibre pricing
- Provide leadership to log supply team
Candidates will have relevant post-secondary education (forestry) with a minimum of four years in forestry operations; demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work through complex contractual and operational issues; knowledge of applications and grade requirements for lumber. A log grading and scaling ticket will be an asset.
Competitive remuneration and benefit package reflects this importance opportunity.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.