Merritt, population 7,200 is in one of Canada’s most admired residential regions. While providing all the benefits of smaller community lifestyle, it is in close proximity to major centres including Kamloops (population 90,000) and Kelowna (population 120,000) and just a few hours’ drive to the Greater Vancouver region.
Reporting to the Plant Manager of this biomass electric generating plant, the Maintenance and Materials Manager:
- Directs the development of maintenance and materials strategies consistent with business requirements and established financial goals
- Leads a team of skilled mechanical, electrical, instrument and controls, maintenance, and custodial professionals providing 24-hour services for the plant
- Develops overall maintenance schedules to maintain equipment availability and coordinate planned outages
- Continually searches out and develops new technical improvements and business strategies for maintenance and reliability excellence
- As Manager of Materials, is responsible for overseeing plant warehousing and inventory management including spare parts and tools inventories
- Manages the successful implementation utilization of the OWAM Asset Management program
- Works closely with the Plant Manager and in conjunction with Operations, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety departments, and senior staff to coordinate daily activities and long term maintenance planning
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of science Degree in Engineering, or
- Diploma in Engineering Technology (Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls or Mechanical), or
- Equivalent in red seal trades (electrical and/or instrumentation and/or mechanical) certification and experience
- Multi-disciplinary in-depth knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, controls, mechanical, and piping systems is required
- Must be able to demonstrate strong supervisory capability and ability to develop and manage a team effectively within a changing environment
- Must have the ability to develop a budget, project costs and provide costs / benefit analysis
- An entrepreneurial, results-oriented attitude, a willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes, a desire to improve reliability and equipment output and longevity, and the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve creatively, are essential
- Experience with Allan-Bradley PLCs and Emerson DCS is preferred
- Experience with materials and inventory management is preferred
- Experience building and maintaining a computerized preventative maintenance management system, OWAM in particular
- Familiarity with power plant operations is preferred
Technology Skills Requirements:
- Solid computer skills: proficiency with database, spreadsheet, email, and word processing software required; Microsoft Office suite of products and Windows operating systems is preferred
- Experience with OWAM is desired or other computerized maintenance management software is required
- Familiarity with internet search engines is helpful
Note: A detailed Position Description is available upon request.
The company provides a highly competitive salary range; full benefit package; annual performance bonus; generous relocation allowance.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.