Triton is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater logging equipment, management of large-scale reservoir harvest projects and marketing of certified eco-wood products. Using its proprietary Sawfish™ and SHARC™ Underwater Harvester systems, Triton recovers standing forests flooded by dam reservoirs in a safe, economical and environmentally-friendly manner. Please visit the website: www.tritontimber.com.
Triton Resources is currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to support their Engineering and Development Group in Victoria, BC. The primary objective of this role will be to assist in the construction, field delivery and ongoing field support of Triton’s proprietary underwater harvesting systems around the world. The position will report to Triton’s Director of Engineering and will require extended overseas work.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Marine experience would be an asset
- Welding and fabricating
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair which includes the ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Drafting, design and procurement
- Field mechanical with electrical/electronic experience
Preferred Additional Technical Skills
- Knowledge and experience working with AC voltages up to 230 VAC
- Communications troubleshooting and repairs including working knowledge of Ethernet, RS485 and RS232
- Working experience troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems
- Drafting in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Design and Project Management
- This position will require extensive international travel
- Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally
- The company has an above average remuneration program
- All travel and on-site living expenses will be paid by the company
Citizenship and Residency
- While Triton’s head office is in Canada, citizens of other countries are welcome to apply
- While residency at/near Victoria, BC, Canada will be an asset, this position is open to candidates who will reside elsewhere in Canada or internationally
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.