One of Canada’s best regarded forest products manufacturers has an immediate opportunity for a Planer Superintendent. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Planer Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all manufacturing activities relating to the planer mill, packaging line and transportation loading.
The incumbent will apply sound safety and business standards / practices to achieve operational goals of ensuring employee safety, optimum efficiency, economy of operations and maximize profits. Key responsibilities:
- Foster a safety culture in assigned departments that fits the safety targets and goals
- Monitor performance against established production and quality goals and take corrective action as required
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned supervision and other team members
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve upon existing processes and procedures
- Support new product development with operational and sales personnel
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of identified challenges
- Apply clear and concise communication
- Exercise sound judgment
You are a highly motivated individual who recognizes the value of a team-oriented approach and has an exceptional record in achieving safety environmental and performance objectives. You have a detailed working knowledge of planer mill and packaging units, a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
This is one of coastal British Columbia’s most desirable communities with a regional population of 150,000. It supplies all of the very best of the beautiful BC lifestyle.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.