Outdoor Living Today (OLT), a division of the Waldun Group, creates gazebos, sheds, playhouses and pergolas that are functional, durable, attractive, and above all, represent good value for customers. Produced from premium grade western red cedar at manufacturing operations in Maple Ridge and Penticton, British Columbia, over 50 prefabricated product designs are shipped as full DIY kits. All OLT kits are uniquely designed easy to assemble. Learn more about OLT at www.outdoorlivingtoday.com.
Established in 1974, the Waldun Group is comprised of the: Waldun Forest Products Partnership, one of world’s largest cedar roofing mills; Stave Lake Cedar, a premium sidewall shingle mill; Twin River Cedar Products, a Western Red Cedar sawmill and Outdoor Living Today.
- Inspect, determine sorts and grade for inbound wood. Monitor grading and quality assessment with feedback to purchasing department
- Mill supervision including wood flow to and from the plant
- Quality monitoring at every stage of wood processing and component manufacturing
- Ensure correct material and supplies are available and being used properly including ensuring over 150 jigs and templates are properly maintained and replaced as needed
- Liaise directly with customers in reference to quality claims and direct process and policy changes necessary to eliminate QC issues
- Continually evaluate quality control and manufacturing processes and recommend changes
- Assist other management personnel in reference to safety, production standards, employee issues and other matters
Candidates will have a successful record of quality control and supervision in a wood products remanufacturing or finished goods plant preferably with exposure to cedar
Post-secondary education in Advanced Wood Processing with some experience in quality control. Cedar experience is a definite asset.
The incumbent will be centered at the Penticton site.
Penticton is the gateway to Southern Okanagan region of Beautiful British Columbia. Bordered by two pristine lakes, this growing community of 33,000 has a semi-arid desert climate which provides one of Canada’s finest lifestyle environments.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.