A major producer of treated wood products has an immediate opportunity for a Sales Representative at their offices in the Fraser Valley area of BC. Under the direction and assistance of more senior personnel, the Sales Representative will establish positive first impressions and service excellence with customers in Western Canada and Pacific Northwest of the US.
While some exposure to the sale of treated lumber is a significant advantage, this is not a prerequisite. Primary qualifications for this full-time, Monday to Friday, year around position include:
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs
- Comfortable with conducting outbound phone calls to existing customers
Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics
- Demonstrated ability in managing a specific supply chain of products
- Managing the line of products from procurement, inventory management, and sale of the product line
- Managing the efficient, cost effective, and timely delivery of the product line to customers
- Able to quickly learn technical information specific to the building industry
- Working knowledge of wood frame residential construction is an asset
- Highly proficient with MS Office application, good keyboarding skills, and strong computer literacy skills
- CRM software experience is considered an asset
- Aptitude for numerical calculations
- Excellent English communication skills at a capacity to influence sales over the phone
- Self-driven and motivated to work independently as well as part of a team
- High school graduation is a requirement
- Formal sales training is desirable
Compensation and benefits include:
- Base salary and team performance incentive plan (no commissioned sales)
- Group pension plan
- Health benefits
The Fraser Valley area of British Columbia is one of Canada’s most desirable residential areas and includes communities such as Abbotsford, Langley, Surrey and Maple Ridge.
Note: A detailed position description is available upon request.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.