This growth-oriented Canadian company operating in British Columbia and the United States has a focus of forestry, sawmilling and power generation.
The Sawmill Production Supervisor will lead a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee engagement. This position performs a variety of supervisory responsibilities in a safe and time effective manner.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring your team follows all policies, procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Address unsafe conditions as required
- Ensure safety, quality, cost delivery and employee engagement targets are met and timely action is taken when targets are not met
- Identify opportunities to improve safety, quality, and employee engagement as well as opportunities to reduce cost, while safely meeting production targets
- Coach, train, and support team members to maximize performance
- Build / Encourage a culture of open respectful communication with employees in all departments and at all levels
- Engage all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems
- Ensure the timely implementation of Corporate and Operational initiative
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven Leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.