A modern well equipped sawmill located in Atlantic Canada has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Sawmill Quality Control Supervisor.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is an integral part of the manufacturing process and a key to ensuring maximum value and consistent quality in all products.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of scanning and optimization equipment
- Monitor quality of lumber at Sawmill and Planer to ensure specifications / standards are met
- Troubleshoot scanner / computer issues and make changes as required
- Ensure maximum value and recovery to meet target objectives
- Provide leadership in all aspects of safety
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Strong understanding of equipment specifications
- Exceptional communication skills – written / oral
- Strong knowledge of sawmill scanning and optimization software
- Previous experience in Quality Control role is an asset
- High degree of initiative
- A post-secondary degree in wood products processing or similar is preferred
This port city of 12,500 populations offers excellent lifestyle options with all of the necessary conveniences; recreational and educational facilities; and a vibrant community environment.
A competitive compensation and full benefit package is included.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.