This Canadian company is a global leader in the forest industry with over 50 manufacturing divisions. Reporting to the Woodlands Operations Manager, the Area Superintendent will oversee production, delivery and operational planning, coordination and monitoring of wood harvest, road construction and road maintenance supplying pulp/paper mill, sawmills and an energy plant. The position also involves the supervision of staff and contract administration.
- Ensure that the highest Safety standards are met or exceeded throughout the operation
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison with forest contractors
- Work cooperatively with all staff and harvest and road construction contractors to maximize operational efficiency and minimize cost
- Ensure compliance with all governmental and internal standards relative to safety, environment and utilization
- Implement departmental budgets to ensure good cost control systems
- Develop annual operating and road plans
- Maintain continuous improvement program to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Ensure all employees and contractors are aware of quality specifications for all facilities
- Ensure product quality (logs, chips & biomass) meets customer needs
- Ensure compliance with all Collective Agreements and strive for cooperative working relationships
- Develop good working relationships with all governmental and public agencies, and stakeholders
- Ensure staff, employees and contractors receive all necessary training and development programs
- Promote team work within the Woodlands Operations Group
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, bonus structure and excellent benefit program.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.