Skeena Sawmill at Terrace, BC has an annual production capacity of approximately 200 million fbm (472,000 M³) of hemlock and balsam lumber. The mill produces a wide variety of specialty products for China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and North American markets.
Skeena is a growing company and looking for talented people to be part of the team. The company currently requires two Certified Saw Filers. Benchman certification is a significant asset but not essential. Responsibilities will include:
- Benching round saws and band saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, levelling, tipping, sharpening)
- Servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knives
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Terrace, population 12,000, is the retail, transportation, educational, medical and service hub for this region of beautiful British Columbia. This vibrant and growing city boasts year around recreational opportunities for the whole family and quality housing at affordable prices.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.