Hodder Tugboat Co., Ltd. is a general marine towing company primarily serving the forest industry, transporting logs, lumber, residuals, pulp and paper to and from coastal mills and for export. Hodder also serves companies in diversified industries which include shipping, sand and gravel aggregate, construction and general cargo. The Company’s services extend along the British Columbia south coast and the navigable reaches of the Fraser River.
Hodder has approximately 65 employees and owns and operates fourteen tugboats and four crew boats. In addition the Company holds extensive booming ground (or waterlot) leases along the Fraser.
Hodder Tugboat leads the industry in customer service and the dispatchers are the main reason. The Company is currently seeking a full-time marine Dispatcher. The successful candidate must show leadership and initiative together with a professional presentation with customers and crews.
- Schedule crew for work as required, and in accordance to the Union seniority guidelines
- Ensure required paperwork / requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Be aware of vessel maintenance and repairs. Work with our mechanics to get updates on vessel availability. Keep appropriate staff informed of any major issues, changes or concerns in an expedient fashion
- General office duties as required
- Ensure all employees are treated in a fair and consistent manner using the guidelines and rules set out in the Hodder Tugboat Policy and Procedures manual
- Experience with marine dispatch / knowledge of Fraser River / tides / weather are all considered significant assets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally while exhibiting confidentiality and diplomacy
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a composed manner
- Customer service focus
- Expertise in organizational planning and problem solving
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn our Log Towing Software “TugAssist” in a timely manner
This position will be centered at the head office on River Road in Richmond, BC but will occasionally require some travel.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.