Centered in the beautiful Fraser Valley, one of Canada’s most desired residential areas, comprising communities such as Abbotsford, Langley, and Maple Ridge. The Divisional Forester will provide a senior leadership role with this growth oriented company with multiple operations in Canada and the United States.
- Implementation and administration of the Forest Stewardship Plan for the Division’s Forest Licence and Timber Licence
- Organizing all silviculture activities in the Fraser Valley Division
- Co-ordinate silviculture activities in the Company’s Coastal Operations
- Prepare Forestry Budgets and Silviculture Accruals
- Provide Liaison with First Nations, Government Agencies, and Special Interest Groups
- Assist in the preparation and review of Cutting Permit applications, Site Plans, and Logging Plans and other projects required to meet the Company’s production objectives
- Organize Planting, Sowing, Brushing, Silviculture Surveys, Road Deactivation and Waste and Residue programs at the Fraser Valley Division
- Co-ordinate the Company’s Corporate Management System and Safety Management System for Forestry Activities in the Fraser Valley Division
- Currently registered or qualified for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Professional Forester (RPF);
- Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practices in BC;
- Background in forest planning, engineering and silviculture operations in the Coastal region of British Columbia;
- Competent with basic computer applications. Working knowledge of RESULTS, PHOENIX, SPAR, and ESF a significant asset;
- Working knowledge of Commercial Contract preparation and implementation;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self-directed, and motivated, with the ability to organize and direct projects and personnel.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- The remuneration package is at a level reflecting the importance of this position
- A commitment to safety standards
- A collaborative and respectful work environment
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.