Centurion, a highly diversified company, manufactures commodity and value added wood products on Vancouver Island and in the BC Interior; has a growing trucking division known as Jerry’s Transport Ltd; and manages a sales group that markets wood products around the world.
Located at the company’s headquarters at Chemainus on Vancouver Island, the Equipment Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the maintenance of Jerry’s Transport ever expanding truck fleet (currently 12); approximately 30 trailers; and a forklift fleet serving both the trucking division and two wood products manufacturing plants. Responsibilities will include management of safety programs; supervision of maintenance personnel; fleet maintenance scheduling and documentation; and parts ordering.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Successful record in truck; trailer; and forklift maintenance
- Experience in the use of truck/trailer maintenance management and inventory software systems
- Proactive attitude with ability to find and implement solutions quickly
- Sound work organization and sense of priorities
- A working style that is respectful of others and constantly working to be part of the solution
This is a great opportunity. Fabulous location providing the very best of west coast lifestyle with a quality growing employer. Reside in welcoming and affordable seaside communities such as Duncan, Chemainus, Ladysmith or Nanaimo. Relevant websites: www.centurionlumber.com; www.hellobc.com/places-to-go/cowichan-southern-vancouver-island/; www.tourismnanaimo.com; www.ladysmith.ca; www.duncan.ca.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.