Bell Lumber & Pole is a principal supplier of quality pressure-treated, wooden poles throughout North America. To learn more about this highly regarded company visit: www.blpole.com.
Reporting to and working closely with the regional Pole Buyers, the Fibre Supply Assistant will support the fibre procurement and associated woodlands activities for the BC Coastal Region. Essential duties will include:
- Provide Q.C. of poles to ensure to standard of ANSI, CSA and company specifications
- Preview timber stands for estimates of pole component.
- Cruise stands of timber for volume and grade of all log products
- Recommend continuous improvements to pole peeling yard staff
- Assist with logistics coordination of deliveries to production yards. Provide assistance with inventory management and fibre deliveries forecasting
- Assist with timber sales engineering, administration and permitting
- Assist in production yards as required
- Prefer candidates with a forestry degree or diploma but others with significant competencies in forestry, logging and log processing are encouraged to apply
- Three plus years’ experience in forestry, logging, log scaling, or log sorting operations
- Valid driver’s license and associated record that meets company driving policy standards
- Must have valid passport (or able to obtain) for occasional travel to US
- Adherence to BC Worksafe rules and regulations
- Ability to read and understand ANSI, CSA and other standards as they relate to utility poles and related products
- Capable of all physical requirements of woodlands and log yard environments
- Safe power saw operation
- BC Scaling certificate preferred
- Good communication skills: oral and written
- Ability to keep precise and accurate records
- Proficient in Microsoft basic software
- Advanced math skills
- Incumbent will be located on Vancouver Island (mid-Island Nanaimo – Campbell River preferred). Sunshine Coast location may be an option
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.