The Forest Technician will be centered in the beautiful Fraser Valley, one of Canada’s most desired residential areas comprising communities such as Abbotsford, Langley, Maple Ridge and Surrey. It provides the very best in west coast lifestyle and amenities.
The position is with the largest privately held forest products company on Canada’s west coast. This is a dynamic operation that encourages innovation and career growth in a fast paced environment.
The Forest Technician will assist the Silviculture Forester in planning, fieldwork and implementation of the Silviculture Program.
Primary duties and responsibilities include all aspects of Silviculture including:
- Assist in the implementation of basic silviculture activities including planting, brushing, and survey programs and ensure that the projects are in compliance with Operational Plans and Company Policies;
- Conduct regen, free growing, brushing and planting quality surveys and associated record keeping;
- Assist the Silviculture Forester in planning, budgeting and scheduling basic silviculture projects;
- Implement the Company’s Corporate Management and Safety Management Systems;
- Assist with Site Plan data collection.
The following general qualifications are considered important to effectively undertake this position:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Forestry or related degree in Natural Resource Management;
- Current accreditation with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF or RFT) or qualified to obtain;
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs including Excel and Word;
- Be physically fit and able to work in rough terrain and adverse weather conditions; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and provide their own transportation to the daily marshalling point.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive wage and benefits program
- Commitment to safety standards
- A collaborative and respectful work environment
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.