Located at Lake Cowichan near Duncan, BC, the Silviculture Forester will make an important contribution to the southern Vancouver Island operations of Teal-Jones, the largest privately held forest products company on Canada’s west coast. This operation encourages innovation and career growth in a fast paced environment. The Silviculture Forester is a key member of HBO – Engineering / Forestry Department and is responsible for implementing and supervising the Silviculture program on TFL46. Major responsibilities include:
- Work with other professionals in an integrated management approach to balance the different demands within TFL46.
- Implementation of the Forest Stewardship Plan.
- Prepare Forestry Budgets and Silviculture Accruals.
- Prepare and review Site Plans, Logging Plans and other projects required to meet the Company’s production objectives.
- Organize Planting, Sowing, Brushing and Silviculture Survey programs.
- Manage planting crews and seedling allocations while monitoring the health and growth of re-planted stands.
Experience, Training, Certification and Education (demonstrating requirements):
- Currently registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Professional Forester (RPF);
- Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practices in BC;
- Background in forestry planning, coastal engineering and silviculture operations;
- Competent with basic computer applications with a working knowledge of RESULTS, PHOENIX, SPAR, and ESF;
- Working knowledge of Commercial Contract preparation and implementation;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self-directed, and motivated, with the ability to organize and direct projects and personnel;
- Have a class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience working within an integrated forest company environment.
This is a significant professional opportunity…fabulous location providing the very best of west coast lifestyle with a quality employer. Relevant websites: www.tealjones.com; www.hellobc.com/places-to-go/cowichan-southern-vancouver-island/; www.duncan.ca.
The Company Offers:
- The remuneration package is at a level reflecting the importance of this position.
- A commitment to safety standards.
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.