Westland Resources works throughout Northwest BC on a diversity of natural resource management projects, including the Energy, Forestry and Infrastructure fields. For two decades their services have covered the spectrum from strategic advice through assessment, development and permitting, and on to operational implementation, monitoring, problem-solving, and post-project supervision. Clients include First Nations, energy corporations and utility companies, forest licensees, infrastructure developers and all levels of government.
The Forestry Project Manager will work in the Forestry and Energy fields to lead forest development activities; support the preparation and implementation of plans for forestry activities and infrastructure projects; mentor staff; and build client capacity. This exciting career opportunity is based in beautiful Terrace, BC, a fun and family-oriented community, with many local amenities and access to an abundance of outdoor activities including incredible fishing, skiing, and hiking, to name a few.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Well-rounded with solid experience in forest road and cutblock layout (cable and ground systems), cruising and waste and residue surveys, with 5+ years’ experience
- Experienced with GPS technology and competent in RoadEng™, ArcGIS™, and Microsoft Office™ applications
- Knowledgeable about BC’s forest legislation and regulatory environment
- Experienced with forestry permit preparation and processes, and landscape-level planning
- Physically fit and ready to lead and develop staff in the field
- Registered (or immediately eligible) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF or RFT)
Westland will provide excellent pay for exceptional candidates. A comprehensive benefits package, including profit sharing and pension allowance, a flexible work environment, the opportunity for career advancement, and mentorship from senior management.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.