Greenheart Group is a growth focused investment and integrated forest products company with renewable softwood plantations in New Zealand and certified hardwood concessions and other interests in Suriname, South America.
Reporting to the Overseas Operation Director and the Executive Management in Hong Kong, the General Manager – Suriname will be responsible for all Suriname’s forest operations; world-class wood processing facilities; and marketing and sales of high quality hardwood products largely to China and European markets.
- Lead the daily operations with staff size of 200+ and drive the performance of existing operations through effective strategies and management plans;
- Direct and oversee the forestry harvesting, timber production operation, sales and marketing, finance, HR/administration, warehouse and logistics supporting functions;
- Ensure all functional managers are working in alignment with the Company’s vision, mission and value, business targets, as well as lead the continuous improvement in the overall operation efficiency and relationship with local authorities, customers and stakeholders;
- Hold regular review meetings with executive management to assess work quality, progress, cost, production and sales, etc.
- Bachelor degree or above in Forestry/Agriculture/Engineering/Business Administration
- A successful record of management in forestry operations and/or wood products processing providing leadership in safety, team building, innovation and proactivity
- Astute business acumen with competent organizational, problem solving, time management and relationship-building skills
- Broad knowledge of the wood products industry from harvesting through product manufacturing and marketing
Suriname is the smallest sovereign state in South America with a population of approximately 550,000 largely residing on the coastal region and in or near the capital, Paramaribo. It is a unique country that can provide an interesting lifestyle.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.