The Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Ltd. pulp and paper mill is a producer of high performance unbleached sack kraft paper valued by customers around the world.
Under the direction of the Harvesting Superintendent, the Harvesting Supervisor is responsible for all operational activities within an assigned unit for the Forest Management License. The Harvesting Supervisor is accountable to provide input to forest planning and silviculture, harvesting and hauling, road layout and construction, and block layout in accordance with predetermined key production, safety and financial performance targets ensuring that all Company operations comply with government regulations.
- A post-secondary forestry or resource management program at a degree or diploma level
- Minimum 3 years related harvesting operations experience
- Possess technical forestry and logging related skills as well as a thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines and regulations and other applicable forestry legislation
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and changing priorities
- Keen attention to detail is essential and working knowledge of computer programs
- The ability to work safely, alone outdoors in all weather conditions, in remote areas
- The incumbent must be able to operate in a team environment as well as manage relationships with contractors, government agencies and other outside resources
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
OUTSTANDING REMUNERATION PACKAGE:
The company offers competitive wages; a complete group benefit package including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance; an innovative pension plan; and a bonus program that rewards your initiative and success.
The Pas, with a regional population of 11,000, attracts people who enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities in a pristine environment. One of the oldest and most striking communities in Manitoba, it is truly a place to call home.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.