Panels.ca is a manufacturer and installer of design / engineered wall panels, floor panels and trusses for the low to mid-rise residential construction sector. This innovation leader provides builders with high quality, cost-effective prefabricated components built with utmost precision, professionalism, in climate controlled environments with state-of-the-art technology, using the best materials available on the market.
Panels.ca offices and manufacturing operations are located in Welland, Ontario, population 53,000 at the centre of beautiful Niagara Region of Ontario.
The Commodities / Lumber and Building Materials Buyer will negotiate, purchase, and manage commodity materials. Responsible for planning, scheduling, forecasting, market analysis and communicating market activity. Develops and implements specific sourcing strategies to support company objectives. Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Purchase commodity materials (lumber, other building materials, hardware etc.). Negotiate contracts with vendors ensuring quality products and competitive pricing. Develop new sources of supply.
- Resolve quantity, quality, documentation and other discrepancies.
- Manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines.
- A successful career of five or more years in purchasing of lumber and building materials. This may be solely as a buyer or as a Trader, both buying and selling
- Proven success in capitalizing on pricing trends by monitoring market activity and implementing a successful buying strategy
- Established relationship with mills / suppliers
- Competent computer skills
The company offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefit program reflecting the importance of this position.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.