A major wood products manufacturing plant located in the Greater Vancouver area of British Columbia has an immediate opportunity for an accomplished Maintenance Planner. With assets exceeding $200 million this facility produces a wide variety of commodity and specialty engineered products for clients around the world. The employees are proud of their reputation for quality products but there are production and maintenance process improvement opportunities. The Maintenance Planner will be integral to those changes.
Primary responsibility will be to optimize the use of the work force involved in maintenance and projects through estimation; planning; scheduling; coordination of preventative and corrective maintenance work within the plant. To be successful in this role requires outstanding organizational skills, a collaborative leadership style and a personal commitment to safety.
Primary candidate qualification:
- A successful record of maintenance planning in an industrial operation
- Journeyman trade qualifications or relevant post-secondary education in Applied Science / Engineering or equivalent forest products experience
- Computer competence / relevant experience in Microsoft and maintenance management systems
- Deploys best practices, replicates processes, and continuous improvement as part of work ethic
- Project Planner Certificate an asset
The Maintenance Planner position is of significant importance to our clients’ operational well-being and the remuneration / benefits range reflects that.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.