CIPA is a producer of high quality veneer products for North American manufacturers of plywood and laminated veneer lumber (LVL). Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations and working closely with the Production Superintendent, the Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of maintenance of all machinery and equipment utilized at their manufacturing facility in Delta, BC.
The incumbent will lead a competent and long-serving team of dedicated supervisory and trades personnel who take pride in their standards of continuing achievement. This is a “hands-on” position that demands specific attention to safety and operational efficiency as a first priority. Primary duties include:
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations of safety and environmental health
- Formulation of and adherence to preventative maintenance programs for all plant manufacturing systems
- Coordinating emergency equipment and machinery repairs as quickly as possible in order to ensure continuous operation at the mill
- Participation in continuous improvement projects to achieve long-term required cost reductions and increased profitability
- Participating in and adhering to budgets for capital projects and operating maintenance
- Forecasting manpower (employee and contractor) and material resources requirements to maintain maximum efficiency in all plant maintenance matters at all times
- Active management of labor relations within the maintenance unit by ensuring compliance and consistent application of the Collective Agreement
- Updating knowledge of new machinery and facilities and recommending or selecting efficient combinations
CIPA offers a well above average remuneration package of salary, full benefit program, pension and paid overtime. A generous relocation allowance is available if required.
CIPA operations on Annacis Island in Delta, BC are centrally located and within 20 minutes of Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Coquitlam and other Lower Mainland communities.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.