Skeena Sawmills Ltd. (Skeena) located at Terrace, BC is a two line mill that produces a wide range of products / sizes. With their focus on consistent quality products, Skeena has established an enviable reputation with their international customer base in the Pacific Rim region.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall Maintenance and Safety of the operation. As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will report to the General Manager / Production Superintendent and apply your knowledge of processes / equipment to facilitate smooth operation of the Sawmill and Planer. You will also be responsible to make sure the scheduling and supervision of major equipment repairs, overhauls and rebuilding is fully operational and safe to operate and within schedule requirements.
- Successful record of maintenance supervision in a production facility
- Minimum of five years journeyman trade qualifications as Millwright, Industrial Electrician, Saw Filer or Heavy Duty Mechanic. A diploma or degree in mechanical or electrical engineering will also be considered
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others, and who adopts a ‘hands-on’ approach to leading and motivating a team
- Exceptional safe working habits and good working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Computer skills, solid written and verbal communication skills
Terrace, BC, population 13,000, is the regional, retail, service, educational, medical and transportation hub for the north-western region of British Columbia. The area provides endless outdoor adventure and beautiful scenery.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.