This growth-oriented Canadian company has manufacturing, woodlands and power generation operations in British Columbia and the United States.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Controller, the Manufacturing Accountant is responsible for financial procedures and systems relating to the manufacturing operations, including financial reports and analysis. The Manufacturing Accountant insures proper financial controls are adhered to, and assists in the timely preparation and completion of the accounting duties.
- Assists preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepares journal entries for lumber manufacturing and power generation facilities
- Prepares and maintain account reconciliations / analyze balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Assists preparing budgets and financial forecasts
- Prepares and review daily operating reports
- Supports, review, and refine the procurement reports and procedures
- Month-end accruals
- Fixed asset management
- Oversees accounts payable processing of invoices
- Certification or working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures and software
- Proficient with MS Office programs including: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to multitask and cope with conflicting priorities
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Customer focus and relationship building
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent financial compensation and benefit package, including an annual health spending allowance and generous relocation
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.