Mill & Timber Products Ltd. is a privately owned forest company, specializing in Western Red Cedar products. Established in 1951, its mills are located in Surrey and Merritt, BC.
The company has a career growth opportunity at its Port Hardy woodlands division on Vancouver Island. As part of a small and dedicated operations team, the successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of forest planning activities as well as on site operational level activities that contribute to the success of the business.
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager, the incumbent will be part of the team accountable for planning, implementation and monitoring of the company forestry and logging activities on the coastal operations. The Operational Forester will provide stewardship planning and activities to meet silvicultural obligations; contribute to the company annual timber development; supervise contractors; and complete and manage budgets.
- Will have a background that includes at minimum 3 years of demonstrated forest planning and operational expertise
- Is registered, or eligible for registration as a forestry professional in BC
- Has a working knowledge of all coastal harvesting systems, and road construction
- Is knowledgeable of BC regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and able to produce positive results in a team environment
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is physically fit and able to meet the demands of walking in steep forest terrain on a regular basis
- Has good working knowledge in the use of Phoenix Professional, Microsoft Excel. Experience in using Roadeng, Survey Wizard, Enfor, ESF, and other government digital submission sites, would be considered as asset
Remuneration: Above average salary range; RSP and extended health benefits; vehicle and operating costs; computer/cellular.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.