Westland Resources works throughout Northwest BC on a diversity of natural resource management projects, including the Energy, Forestry and Infrastructure fields. For two decades their services have covered the spectrum from strategic advice through assessment, development and permitting, and on to operational implementation, monitoring, problem-solving, and post-project supervision. Clients include First Nations, energy corporations and utility companies, forest licensees, infrastructure developers and all levels of government.
The Operations Manager will manage operational projects in the Forestry and Energy fields from project inception to completion; mentor staff; and build client capacity. This exciting career opportunity is based in beautiful Terrace, BC, a fun and family-oriented community, with many local amenities and access to an abundance of outdoor activities including incredible fishing, skiing, and hiking, to name a few.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Westland is looking for someone with a well-round operational background in assessment, valuation, operational planning and supervision of resource extraction, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Project management (planning, budgeting, ground-level implementation, supervision and monitoring)
- Contract negotiation and implementation
- Logging and road construction supervision
- Timber and resource valuation and reporting
- Liaising and negotiation with resource agencies, stakeholders and First Nations
- Safety and environmental program planning and development
- Working knowledge of BC’s natural resource regulatory environment
- Registered (or immediately eligible) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF or RFT)
Westland will provide excellent pay for exceptional candidates. A comprehensive benefits package, including profit sharing and pension allowance, a flexible work environment, the opportunity for career advancement, and mentorship from senior management.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.