This diversified Canadian company manufactures lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint and energy at over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
The respective mill produces over 500 million square feet (⅜ basis) of oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing and underlayment annually.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of the mill. The Maintenance Manager utilizes related experience, project management expertise, leadership abilities and a preventative maintenance mindset in a cost-effective manner.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the management of a highly qualified maintenance team, maintaining maximum uptime and open communications with production. Active participation in the operation’s efforts towards providing a safe working environment along with continuous innovation and process improvements initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of industrial maintenance management experience
- Engineering or Journeyman qualification (Electrical, Millwright, or HD Technician) or equivalent
- Proficient and knowledgeable regarding preventative maintenance tools such as: lubrication, vibration analysis and thermography as well as extensive hydraulic and project management experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required
- A commitment to safe work practices
- Experience with a computerized maintenance system is essential
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.