Stella-Jones is North America’s leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. At approximately 40 wood treating facilities across Canada and the United States, the company manufactures and distributes railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products. Visit www.stella-jones.com.
The Pole Yard Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Kanaka Creek pole production yard at Maple Ridge, BC ensuring the facility meets Stella-Jones production goals and quality assurance in a safe and efficient manner.
Supervises Pole Yard Operations
- Leads a team of 10 or more employees providing scheduling direction and supervision
- Manages all independent contractors on site and supervises capital projects
- Manages wood flow from incoming raw materials to outbound finished poles
- Hires yard employees, manages all labour and safety issues
- Ensures compliance with Stella-Jones safety program and oversees the development of ‘Safe Work Procedures’ and ‘Work Instructions’
- Candidates will have an excellent record of supervision in wood treating facilities; sawmill log yards; dryland sort operations or similar log handling operations
- The following experience / competences will be assets: chainsaw operation; mechanical aptitude; mobile equipment operation; understanding of CSA/ANSI pole specifications; log scaling license
The remuneration / benefit package reflects the importance of the Pole Yard Supervisor position.
Note: A detailed Job Description is available upon request.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.