Stella-Jones is North America’s leading producer of industrial pressure treated-wood products. With over 40 treating facilities throughout Canada and the United States, the company is the principal supplier of railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent.
The Prince George, BC operations of Stella-Jones produces utility poles, railway ties and other industrial wood products. The plant has a career opportunity for a Production Supervisor with relevant supervisory experience in an industrial environment. The Production Supervisor coordinates and directs activities of the various production shift operations and manufacturing processes. A detailed outline of key responsibilities is available upon request.
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in a wood products manufacturing operation. Exposure to wood treating operations will be ideal.
- Successful supervisory record in effective interpersonal communications; time and stress management; problem solving, prioritization and conflict resolution; and detail orientation.
- Knowledge and effective practice of British Columbia health and safety standards
- Competent math skills and Intermediate Computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Competitive Remuneration
- Extended health and dental coverage; life insurance and AD&D; short and long-term disability coverage
- Annual Profit Share Program
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous company match (150% of employee’s 4% contribution)
- Company Share Purchase Program with 10% company contribution match
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.