A leading full service resource management company has an immediate opportunity for a Project Forester at Nelson, BC or area.
- Project Management – Client liaison, scheduling, planning, quality assurance, budgets and mentorship;
- Timber Development – Field Supervision, Road and boundary layout, Quality Control and Assurance for all TSL and CP deliverables, site plan and harvest plan preparation, Cengea and Phoenix data entry;
- Landscape and site level planning and assessments;
- Admin/IT – Purchase ordering, help coordinate truck repairs, training of senior tech’s, keep up on new technologies (e.g. GPS and rugged handheld);
- Safety – oversee safety in field, ensure all documents are completed and filed, attend meetings, report incidents/close-calls/new hazards
- Registered or qualified for registration with the ABCFP as a RPF
- More than 5 years’ experience managing multi-phase timber development contracts (>100,000 m³/yr including road and cut block layout (cable layout experience an asset)
- Experience with tactical development, total chance and/or total resource planning
- Experience with ArcGIS and creation/manipulation of LIDAR products
- Minimum of three years of experience preparing Site Plans and Cutting Permits
- Sound understanding of ground-based, cable and helicopter harvesting and road systems engineering
- Thorough understanding of FRPA, FPPR, GAR Orders and Higher Level Plans as they pertain to operational planning
- Familiar with BC’s forest legislation and regulations, CP submissions, Appraisals, road designs
- Experience with python scripting, enhance forest inventories, forest estate modelling and Road Eng. are not essential but significant assets
Competitive annual salary; biannual profit share; extended medical/dental; RRSP contribution; Professional Development Allowance; Boot Allowance and more.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.