Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. They have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. They invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, they have infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and they are growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of their success.
Interfor is currently recruiting for a Roads Forester for their sawmill in Adams Lake, BC. The Roads Forester will be responsible for all road construction and maintenance projects, contract supervision, and the road management program for the Adams Lake Woodlands Operation.
What You’ll Do
- Capital and expense road construction projects
- Bridge installs and annual inspections
- Road inspections
- Supervise road maintenance activities required for the delivery of 1.2 million m³ to mill
- Build and maintain solid relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Rate negotiations (for operational costs), as required
- Support planning department in the preparation of cost estimates (for operational and stumpage costs)
- Prepare budgets and forecasts (Monthly and Annual)
- Contract preparation and implementation (in conjunction with accounting personnel)
- Preparation, review and awarding of tender packages
- Manage overall road liability
- Culvert and bridge purchasing and inventory management
What You Offer
- RPF or RFT designation or eligible to register with the Association of BC Forest Professionals is an asset
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar capacity within the forestry industry
- Valid clean Class 5 driver’s license
- Strong computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- Dependable and high level of physical fitness. Strong safety leadership skills and the ability to identify and reduce risk throughout operations
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge road and bridge construction methods
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Strategic, innovative and bottom-line driven business values
- Business acumen with strong analytical skills
- High level of integrity and professionalism
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.