At J.D. Irving, Limited, you will be part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 18,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. The operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
The Shift Supervisor position has the potential to become part of the mill Leadership Team. Experience will be gained in both the Sawmill and Planermill operations.
- Ensuring quality, safety and environmental standards are being met
- Performance management for a production team of 16-20 employees
- Training and development for team members
- Scheduling personnel, submitting weekly payroll, and generating daily reports
Preferred candidate qualification:
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree, preferably in a technical, mechanical, or forestry related discipline
- Years of Experience Required: 4-7 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed to top performance in a safe work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Available to work flexible hours
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.