A trusted manufacturer of high quality wood products that exceed customers’ expectations. This successful, growing and enduring company provides rewarding careers for team members where they can learn, grow and enrich their lives. With the combination of private forest lands and public tenure, the timberlands are sustainably managed to create healthy working forests and ensure that the fibre is completely and responsibly utilized.
The Senior Operations Forester will provide leadership to the management of the company’s forest operations including the planning, contractual, operational and performance requirements. This position will interest foresters who have the operational knowledge and personal demeanour to lead other professionals who take great pride in doing quality work. Duties will include but not limited to:
- Lead in planning, reviewing and implementing logging sites and harvest plans to a highly professional standard
- Communicate, review and enforce the log quality program.
- Work with the team in preparation and review of cutting plan applications; site plans and logging plans and appraisal.
- Waste and residue
- Member or qualified for membership in the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a RPF or RFT
- Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practises in British Columbia
- Competent with basic computer applications
- At least ten years’ experience in forest operations
The West Kootenay region of Southern British Columbia is a pristine mountain playground of high mountains, clear lakes, waterfalls and friendly welcoming communities. Whether you enjoy powder skiing; endless bike and hiking tracks; the very best lake or stream fishing; or first class golfing your family will have lots to do. Communities like Castlegar (population: 9,100), Nelson (population: 10,800) or Trail (population: 8,000) have all of the amenities and much more. This is a region where quality housing is affordable.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.