Nch’Kaý Development Corporation (NDC) was established in 2018 as the economic development arm of the Squamish Nation. The mandate is to develop, manage and own the active businesses of the Nation. The mission is to generate wealth and create prosperity from economic opportunities for current and future generations of the Squamish Nation.
The Vice President of Forestry (VPF) is passionate about modern forestry, forest stewardship and the role in the social, environmental and economics aspects of NDC and the Squamish Nation. The VPF has the ability to support the forestry framework and strategic plan and engage with the Nation while directing forestry operations. The VPF, a value-based leader, plays a critical role in all the forest-based environmental and conservation initiatives. This position is critical for providing leadership on large scale forest management issues at both the federal and provincial government levels and with operational performance.
- Sc. Forestry degree and RPF status with membership or eligibility for membership with Forest Professionals British Columbia
- A minimum of ten years experience in professional forestry including experience with forest operations and silviculture planning including teams supervision
- Competent organization and planning skills with demonstrated leadership
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid functional GIS skills
- Professional stature with integrity and discipline
- Experience working with or alongside First Nations Governments is a significant asset
A more complete position outline detailing responsibilities is available upon request.
The Vice President of Forestry will operate from Squamish. The position provides a competitive remuneration package including full benefits and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.