Alberta Pacific Forest Industries (Al-Pac) is the largest single line kraft pulp producer in North America. Al-Pac strives to be leaders in everything they do, from their operations and how they work with communities, to the way they develop their team members and manage the forest.
Al-Pac’s Woodlands Operations Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of logs to the mill, coordinating logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation activities and associated contract management.
- Operations Management – Managing a significant operational area, delivering quality logs to the mill and ensuring that operations are efficient.
- Project Planning, Risk & Issue Management – Logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation activities, and associated contract management. Assisting managing capital road construction and road maintenance upgrades.
- Inspections – Providing technical support to inspections of the quality of the harvesting production, road and drainage structures, log quality and reclamation in accordance with organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder & Community Engagement – Liaising with AAF to obtain plan approvals and meet legislative requirements. Working with stakeholders and First Nations to obtain economic opportunities and promoting local aboriginal initiatives.
- Budgeting – Delivering cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives
Education & Experience:
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry
- Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF), or eligible for Alberta certification
- Comprehensive job-related experience to fully competent level
- Proven track record of supervisory experience in forestry operations including road construction, harvesting and transportation
- Experience in planning, GIS mapping and road engineering
Residence will be at Athabasca, Alberta, population 3,000 which is 145 km from the Edmonton (population 1.4 million) or one of the other area communities. Athabasca is a great community for families with affordable housing; excellent educational facilities including Athabasca University; an abundance of regional parks and recreational facilities; and quality health care and other community services.
Al-Pac offers a highly competitive remuneration package, comprehensive relocation allowance and a work environment where every team member is valued. Website: www.alpac.ca.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.