Foothills Forest Products is a division of the highly respected Dunkley Lumber Ltd. Foothills has a two-line softwood lumber sawmill and planer facility near the mountain community of Grande Cache, Alberta, population 3,500.
The permanent, full time position of Woodlands Operations Superintendent will assist in supervising all logging, hauling and road construction contractors. Primary functions include:
- Ensuring staff and contractors are working in a manner that eliminates environmental and safety incidents
- Ensure roads and watercourse crossings are maintained and repaired as required to allow safe passage for all road users
- Ensure harvest approvals and log deliveries are in line with production forecast for piece size, trucking distance, and harvest season
- Ensure all silviculture activities comply with government requirements
- Ensure log quality standards are in line with sawmill needs
- Providing direction and training to staff and contractors
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Eligible for membership with ABCFP as RPF or RFT
- 5+ years of relevant forestry experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and standard first aid
- Knowledge of harvesting phases and costing
The position offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package and rewarding opportunities to grow with this industry-leading company.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.