The position of General Manager (GM) directs, oversees and is responsible for the administration and management of the day-to-day activities of a store, Big Bar Guest Ranch, Meadow Lake Ranch, and forestry operations. The GM is responsible for the preparation of plans, budgets and cashflows and profit and loss statements for consideration of the Board.
- University degree in business or resource management or equivalent education and experience.
- Five years work experience in a comparable position with demonstrated increasing responsibilities.
- Experience working with Councils and/or or a Board of Directors.
- Experience in developing business plans, strategic plans, operational plans, and financial reports.
- Ability to manage several business entities such as forestry or tourism is an asset.
- Ability to act as a liaison between community members, federal, and provincial departments, private business, and industries.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties and demonstrates personal attributes of integrity, respect, trust, honesty, compassion, and accountability.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check.
- Must have and maintain a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements.
- Must reside in the geographic region (i.e., Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, Clinton) to be able to work at SXDC main office located in Dog Creek south of the town called Williams Lake.
- Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada.
Salary: Will be based on the candidate’s education and experience.
Interested candidates should apply online via button below or for further information, contact Ron Hogg at (604) 669-5635.